from Wellcome Trust Book Prize accessed 11/11/10
The Wellcome Trust Book Prize celebrates the best of medicine in literature by awarding £25 000 each year for the finest fiction or non-fiction book centred around medicine. On these pages you can read about this year's judges and find out everything you need to know about how the prize works.
• 'So Much for That' by Lionel Shriver
• 'Grace Williams Says it Loud' by Emma Henderson
• 'Medic: Saving lives - from Dunkirk to Afghanistan' by John Nichol and Tony Rennell
• 'The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks' by Rebecca Skloot --Winner!
• 'Teach Us to Sit Still' by Tim Parks
• 'Angel of Death: The Story of Smallpox' by Gareth Williams
Inaugural Prize 2009 Shortlist
• Cutting for Stone
• Illness: The art of living
• Keeper: Living with Nancy --Winner!
• Three Letter Plague
• Tormented Hope